Thursday, July 20, 2017

Sanity

It's been quite a while since I have blogged or posted anything
2 years to be exact.  
A lot of changes over the last 2 years..
New principal
New assistant principal
1:1 with Chromebooks
New curriculum, Wonders
addition of STEM and Art classes to our day
Assistant principal left
ANOTHER (and better!) assistant principal
And that's just at work!
 It's been crazy trying to navigate everything and still make sure I'm balancing work and life.  
I am a big believer that life sends you little reminders and messages if you are listening... and mine did.   I lost my uncle and aunt last year as well, both to lung cancer.  My aunt was always around and was truly a GREAT aunt to my kids, in every sense of the word.  We shared a love of reading, technology, and trivia!!  It was hard to say good bye to her.  
All of this and the changes at work I needed (and wanted) to make sure I was spending time with my family, as well as getting my work done.  So unfortunately for you all--I let the blogging slip, I haven't added much to my TPT store.  
It was a much needed break to regain my sanity!
I've been happily enjoying summer, trying not to do much of anything school related!  Spending time with my kids and nephew, lounging at the pool, and hanging around the house.  It's getting to be that time again, where I should be thinking about going back to school...but I'm trying to put that off as long as I can! 
There are a few projects that I have done, but I count these more as crafty than actually thinking about school work.
My crate seats needed to be recovered.  They were absolutely FILTHY!  

I removed the old fabric and replaced with with new!  

I also spray painted some stools from Family Dollar to match my classroom.
Before too long, it will be time to be in full swing getting ready for the school year. 
My goal this year is to focus on things I love and am passionate about, and to participate in activities outside of teaching that I WANT to do, and not things I feel like I should be doing because otherwise no one else will.
In other words, I'm trying to follow in Elsa's footsteps....
This is a big year, my oldest is starting High School...
...this was the year the school opened.  It seemed like so long ago, and now she's a student there.
My youngest is finishing grade school....
...here he is on his first day there.
Where did the time go??
How are you enjoying your time off??  How do you keep your sanity??  Do you have any goals for the year??  Post in comments below!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute fabric for your crate seats! What stools did you buy? For your kidney table? This summer has gone by way too fast!!! Although I'm not ready to say goodbye to summer, I am ready for us all to get back into a routine (What day is it? Ha!). I can't believe there's only 2 1/2 weeks left! Our summer was filled with softball games, golfing lessons, scout camping, and family time. I'm excited to finally be getting away for a week to Boston next week. The kids are excited to spend a week with their cousins sightseeing and hanging out. I too need to get better at balancing school and home life, especially with the craziness that the beginning of the school year brings. HS already - can't believe it! Beautiful and smart! She will do great things these next 4 years. Enjoy your last year sharing a school with your kids! : o )

    ReplyDelete