Wednesday, July 23, 2014

TMI??

It's about that time! I have been starting to work on getting my classroom ready for the upcoming school year, I have been stressing out because I can't get it exactly how I want it, but I'm working on that! Anyways, we have a tentative class list, 26 brand new faces set to join me in just a few short weeks. I am in a interesting position of already knowing several of my students. You see up until I joined the second grade team last year, I was teaching PreK in my building, so I have had a handful of these children before. Also, I do live in the neighborhood I teach, which has it's ups and downs. For the most part, I don't really mind it, and But I have many teacher friends who would never want to do it! Just today I was walking my dog and happened upon a few of last year's second graders who cheerily waved and shouted out "Hi Mrs. Driscoll!" That I love! So with the push for data driven instruction and RtI, we are expected to start interventions within the first few weeks of school it seems we are expected to get to know these kids and super quick! In my years of teaching, I have heard some teachers say they want to form their own opinions on their students, some want the heads up for any of those who need some special..ahem.. attention. So what's your thoughts? Do you like to know as much as you can?? Or would you rather know nothing?? Or maybe it's somewhere in between?? Comment below with your thoughts! As a thank you!! Here's a student info sheet I send home with my parents

1 comment: