Friday, August 22, 2014

#technology


I feel like I should confess, I am a bit of a tech-nerd!  I enjoy using iPads in the classroom, and also am fortunate enough to have a SMARTboard in my classroom.  Incorporating and using technology in the classroom comes very easy to me.  I have created many SMARTboard lessons and I am also a SEE (SMART exemplary educator).  If you are not familiar with, or have had the opportunity to use a SMARTboard in the classroom, then holy cow!  It has really revolutionized the way you can incorporate technology into the classroom!  It adds an element of novelty and excitement to the lessons, not to mention how interactive you can make lessons!  I have planned and given many, many trainings on all things technology-related in our district, from iPads to SMARTboards to using QR codes.

Remember my beach behavior bingo??  The class reward is posted above using a QR code!  The kids are so excited to scan it when we earn our first bingo! 


So of course my job board in the classroom is 'tech' related, even if it isn't actually using technology!  I call it my iHelp board, and I have uploaded a version to my TPT store!.  This week the kids worked on creating their 'apps' and we laminated them to use as our job board pieces.  The can create anything on their app that they feel represents them or that they like.  I always get a wide variety of pictures and each one is unique, just like each student.



A colleague of mine is brand new to teaching, and to help him get started I created these tech theme word wall letter cards on little mp3 players!  These are also available in my TPT store.



No comments:

Post a Comment